Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

Happy and Unhappy

I am happy and unhappy at the same time... That's better than just being unhappy, I guess.

I had a truly amazing night last Friday with my friend Anahita. I can't say too much about it, but the beach and the stars both played a part. It was the best night I've had since my sweetpea left me. The rest of the weekend was spent being idle, which is not always such a bad thing.

Work is making me very tired at the moment. I found it difficult to concentrate at my salsa class last night.

Travel fund currently stands at just over £400. It should increase more rapidly in the following weeks...

I recently made my first purchase from Amazon. I bought an excellent album by Ojos de Brujo entitled Bari, and two books: Poundemonium by Julian Rios (a sequel to his awesome Midsummer Night's Babel) and The Adventures and Misadventures of Maqroll by Alvaro Mutis. This last book will probably turn out to be one of my favourite works of fiction of all time, seven linked novellas featuring Maqroll el Gaviero and his friends (chief among them Abdul Bashur) and their unlikely escapades in a variety of locations around the world. The prose steams with atmosphere: jungles, ports, smugglers, brothels, all the things that used to intrigue me about old films set in South America.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]