Saturday, August 09, 2008

 

Grey Days

This has been the dampest summer I can remember. An endless ceiling of cloud has covered the city for the past few weeks. Summer activities have been reduced to a minimum. We did play tennis last weekend (in the rain) and tried to have a fire on the beach -- the wet wood spluttered out after a short time. Frisbee has been impossible because of the endless winds and even the old fashioned water pistol duel doesn't seem as much fun when you are already wet. All this leads me to conclude that travelling will soon be necessary, don't know where, how or when yet. All I know is why.

Writing news: I have just begun work on the final chapter of my new novel, Mr Gum. Another week should see the completion of that, then I can return to working on The Pilgrim's Regress. The disorganised way I write books never ceases to surprise me. I'll probably never reform so I should learn not to worry about it too much, but I do often forget the plots when I break off a work for any length of time. When that happens, the completed book turns out to be quite different from the original conception. I suppose it doesn't matter too much!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]