Sunday, January 13, 2013

 

First Climb of 2013


The weather here has been generally pretty terrible, but it cleared up sufficiently last week to enable my first climb of the year. I'm a bit stiff and clumsy after the Christmas break (in which I did virtually no exercise at all) but I'm sure I'll loosen up again soon enough. I rarely make New Year's Resolutions, but I did so this time, and one of those resolutions is to climb higher and harder than I ever have before. I'm becoming acutely aware of passing time. One day I won't be able to do stuff like this, so I have to grasp the yeti by the nettle, or whatever the saying is...

I would note down my other resolutions here, but I seem to have lost the list I made. Typical! I know that when it comes to writing, I made a pledge to myself to finish at least some of those projects that have been hanging about for years or decades... In the meantime I'm just concentrating on getting the Winter Issue of Sein und Werden out of the way. I have learned from this project that I'm not naturally cut out to be an editor. I found it hard work. Never again will I regard editing as a cushy nothingy job!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]