Wednesday, March 20, 2013

 

Going for a Song


Swansea Central Library has acquired two more of my books, this time without prompting... Out of a choice of 23 books they have picked the two darkest and most perverse ones: the only books I have written with excessive sexual content... Nice choice, O librarians! This is certainly going to give the reading public of my hometown a good twisted idea of what I do...

But anyway, I recommend to any writer that they order their own books from their local libraries. My personal experience has shown that this works. Being read by readers is the whole point of being a writer!

Let's see if I can get more of my books into more libraries. I especially owe this to Chomu Press, who deserve to be more widely known than they are...

Now then... for many many years I have wanted to dabble in music. I don't think I'll ever be any good at music; but that's not the point. For me it's just a way of relaxing, experimenting and having fun. When I write, I have the responsibility to try my best but when I mess round with other artforms I don't. The responsibility to be talented simply doesn't exist. So it's enjoyable for its own sake.

Anyway, since the beginning of 2013 I have been playing with an audio program on my computer and I have decided to attempt the composition of exactly 1000 "songs". Not songs in the normal sense of the word but Dada/Absurdist pieces of improvised and/or chance music. I have composed eight so far and am currently working on several others. Two have gone up on YouTube, one last week and the other just now... If you care to give them a listen, here they are (best listened to through headphones, but that's not saying much)...

Spaghetti and Marshmallow Towers
The Emperor's Joke

There will be more, many more, in due course...


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]